26 October 2009

New approach

I write a lot by way of comments in other blogs, mail lists, chats, news media etc. Like a mosaic, a bigger clearer picture can emerge from lots of small, apparently separate pieces. And even if it doesn't for every reader, at least a lot of the pieces are colourful and have some depth (or let's say the glass is sometimes thicker ;-) ), making for a kaleidoscope rather than a mosaic. When I was a kid I loved the kaleidoscopes we made at home on the kitchen table.

So I'm mainly going to post my comments out of their immediate context. You can decide if the larger context/perspective gives a clear enough ground and frame for my scattered fragments, these "disiecta membra".

I'll indicate the original location of each entry so you can follow the whole discussion leading to my response, if you want to.

No comments: